Barrington United Methodist Church
We are going to be honoring Mothers on Mother’s Day (May 9, 2021) during worship by showing messages that people leave on a program called “Padlet.” Jennifer Emerson has created a link where you can leave personal greetings including text and images. Just click on this link and feel free to post multiple messages to show love and appreciation to all the special women in our lives. This is open for everyone in our congregation to do – not just the kids!
Send an email to us with your story -> email@example.com
Join us for a unique Good Friday Service featuring a drama called “Pilate’s Notes.”
Follow this link to watch on YouTube
- Who was Pontius Pilate, and what was the significance of his role?
- What were his views on the crucifixion of Christ?
- What were the order of events according to the Bible?
- View this Tenebrae service with the Barrington United Methodist Church and delve with us into the depths of this somber day when Jesus paid the ultimate price for our salvation.
The Barrington United Methodist Church continues to worship virtually AND as of Easter Sunday (April 4, 2021) we will begin to also reopen Live. (Both Virtual and Live will be available. See announcement below.)
ANNOUNCEMENT TO REOPEN BUMC LIVE AS OF APRIL 4, 2021
Dear BUMC Family & Friends,
We are very pleased to announce that the church doors will be open once again for in person worship as of Easter morning. Not to worry, our virtual service will also continue without interruption. Starting in April, you will be able to choose how you would like to worship – in person or virtually. We do ask that if you are planning to attend worship in person on Easter, that you call the church to let us know how many people will be in your party so that we can be sure to have adequate seating.
For those who are considering coming in person, we want to make you aware of some changes. First of all, do not anticipate that everything will feel the same. Please be ready to be flexible and welcoming of new and creative aspects to worship. There will be numerous guidelines required by the state and conference for everyone’s safety.
• Please enter at Bradford Street entrance.
• Masks must be worn at all times.
• Social distance of 6 feet.
• A health screening will be completed at the doorway by a greeter. • Use wall mounted hand sanitizer upon entering the sanctuary.
• Please sit in available pews as marked by ribbons.
• No congregational singing.
• Fellowship Hall not available for fellowship.
• No nursery, Sunday School or table in the back of sanctuary for the kids. • Bathrooms are available. Please wipe down touched handles, faucets, etc. after use with available cleaning wipes.
As you see, sadly, there are necessary changes and requirements. On the positive side, there is much for which to be thankful and hopeful. We have missed each other. Worshiping in the same sacred space and feeling Pastor Michael’s heartfelt message in person is indeed a blessing. This is a first step.
Feel free to ask any questions or concerns with anyone on the reopening team. Contact Us
The Barrington United Methodist Church strives to be a welcoming community, centered in Christ, and inspired by the Gospel. We seek to nurture each person’s faith journey through joyful worship, supportive fellowship, and active outreach ministries, so that all may experience the deeper peace of God in their lives.
Worship Weekly Virtually with us Sundays from 10-11 am
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 7282 0931
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,83072820931#,,,,,,0#,,821717# US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdOXmG0OhI
Want to Learn More about Barrington United Methodist Church? Read our February 2021 Newsletter:
- Seasonal Lent Ideas
- Our Adopt A School Program Mission
- Lent for Kids – Focusing on God’s Time
- Sermon Paintings by Sue Eddins
- A letter from the Bishop
- Our Donation Clothing Shed is now OPEN AGAIN at 230 Washington Street, Barrington, RI
Archive Video of Ash Wednesday Service: This video was posted Feb 17.
We wish you peace as we embark on this journey of Lent together.